OpenSea is one of the most popular NFT marketplaces (non-fungible tokens). These tokens offer numerous benefits, including excellent transferability and authenticity. However, to gain all of these benefits, you must first purchase your NFTs. In this article, we’ll go through how to buy an NFT on OpenSea in great detail. Even though the blockchain technology underlying this procedure appears sophisticated, purchasing your tokens is relatively simple.
How to buy an NFT on OpenSea?
How do I purchase an NFT on OpenSea? OpenSea allows you to purchase an NFT in three ways: buy now, auctions, and offers.
NFTs listed for “purchase now” have a fixed price. They can be purchased at any time during the sale period and without the seller’s involvement. This is the most basic technique, and it is similar to purchasing on other e-commerce platforms.
Potential buyers can bid on an NFT when it is up for auction. The NFT will be awarded to the highest bidder, or the seller may accept any offer made during the auction.
You can use OpenSea to make an offer on any item, even if it isn’t advertised for sale. If you want to offer less than the quoted price, you can make an offer on a listed item.
Let’s go over how to buy an NFT on OpenSea.
There are several ways to purchase an NFT. In this example, we’ll click the “Buy now” option to purchase an NFT that has been posted for sale.
Connect your cryptocurrency wallet
If you haven’t already connected and configured your cryptocurrency wallet, you will be requested to do so during this stage.
Select a payment method
Following that, you’ll be asked if you want to pay with cryptocurrency or a credit card. We’ll use a card in this example. If you wish to buy with cryptocurrency, you must first load your wallet with cryptocurrency.
Your total may be greater than the advertised price for that NFT. This is because of network (“gas”) expenses and, if you pay with a credit card, processing fees. The gas cost is applied to all blockchain transactions, and the amount varies depending on a number of several including how many users are using the network at the time. These fees are not paid to OpenSea.
Fill enter your payment information
To finish your order, simply follow the steps and enter your information. If you are making your first purchase using a card (through MoonPay), you may be prompted to verify your identification.
Your order has been completed!
After entering all of the required information and clicking “Pay,” your NFT purchase is complete and has been written to the blockchain.
Examine your most recent NFT
Your brand-new NFT should be visible in your collection after a few seconds. Your new NFT will be shown in your OpenSea profile. Congratulations on learning how to buy an NFT on OpenSea!
What crypto wallets can I use with OpenSea?
What crypto wallets are compatible with OpenSea? If you’re unsure about which crypto wallet to use, the easiest way to find out is to try out one of the many options available! Although they all have unique capabilities, many people choose MetaMask for desktop use and Coinbase Wallet for mobile use.
The full list of wallets supported by OpenSea may be found below:
- Authereum – is a wallet with a focus on usability and a fiat on-ramp.
- Bitkeep – is a browser extension as well as a mobile app. Bitkeep is a multi-chain decentralized crypto wallet that presently supports over 75 mainnets.
- Bitski – is a simple wallet that requires users to join up using an email address and a password.
- Coinbase Wallet – using a dApp browser, users may explore the decentralized web with the Coinbase Wallet app. To use the Coinbase Wallet app, you do not require a Coinbase account.
- Core – is an Avalanche ecosystem browser extension.
- Dapper – is a browser plugin that pays your gas bills.
- Fortmatic/Magic – is an easy-to-use wallet that lets you sign up with your phone number from any device.
- Glow – is a quick and simple wallet for Solana.
- Kaikas – is a browser extension that allows websites to communicate with the Klaytn network. Kaikas for Chrome can be downloaded here.
- Ledger Live – this is a safe way to access your Ledger wallet. Ledger Live is the software that works in tandem with your Ledger devices.
- MetaMask – is a browser plugin as well as a mobile app. MetaMask is the most popular wallet on web3 and one of the industry’s oldest participants.
- Opera Touch – is compatible with both your Opera PC browser and your mobile device’s Opera Touch for iOS (or Opera for Android) browser.
- Phantom – is a popular non-custodial bitcoin wallet made just for Solana that allows you to do more than simply deposit and send cryptocurrency.
- Portis – use an email account and password to connect to dApps from practically any web browser, on any device, including mobile phones.
- Torus – is a low-friction wallet that supports logging in with Facebook, Google, and other OAuth providers.
- Trust Wallet – is a non-custodial mobile wallet with an additional layer of protection that maintains your private key locally.
- Venly – previously known as Arkane, all a user needs to utilize this wallet is a PC and a web browser.
- WalletConnect – is a protocol that is supported by a wide range of dApps and wallets.
How to buy an NFT on OpenSea using MetaMask?
How to buy an NFT on OpenSea using MetaMask? Many OpenSea users purchase their NFT through MetaMask. It’s another cryptocurrency wallet that allows you to easily purchase tokens.
The first step in purchasing your NFTs is to install MetaMask on your browser.
- Go to this page and click the profile icon in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- Select “My Profile” and then click the “Get MetaMask” button. Download the necessary browser extension.
- “Install MetaMask” will appear. Wait for the installation to finish and then navigate to the “Welcome to MetaMask” page. Select the “Get Started” option.
- Select “Create Wallet” and enter your password. Make a note of or photograph your password. It provides backup access to the account, so keep it safe.
- Click “Next” and enter your secret phrase.
- After appropriately arranging the phrase, tap the “Confirm” button. This should take you to the “Congratulations” screen.
- Click the “All Done” button and hit “X” if MetaMask provides a window asking to swap your tokens.
- Click “Next” to connect your MetaMask Wallet to the correct OpenSea account.
The next step is to buy ETH:
- Launch your browser and click the MetaMask icon in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- Select “Directly Deposit Ether” if you already have ETH in your Coinbase Wallet or other wallets. Otherwise, choose “Buy.”
- Click the “Continue to Wyre” button and enter the quantity of ETH you want to purchase. Keep in mind that each purchase will necessitate the payment of a transaction and network fee. To avoid unnecessary fees, attempt to acquire a large amount of ETHs.
- Choose your desired payment option and then click the “Next” button.
- Submit your payment details as well as your phone number.
- Click “Submit” and input your payment verification code. It should be delivered to your phone.
- Authorize your transaction by entering the six-digit number for the pending Wyre transfer in your account.
- Within a few minutes, your MetaMask wallet balance should be adjusted.
You are now ready to buy some NFTs. How to buy an NFT on OpenSea using Metamask? Follow the instructions below:
- Launch your browser and navigate to the OpenSea store.
- Search the platform for the needed NFT.
- Click the “Buy Now” button.
- Accept the marketplace’s terms and click “Checkout.” The MetaMask plugin should now appear, displaying your purchase price. You should also see a gas price that is based on network activity and can sometimes exceed $100.
Keep in mind that some tokens are auctioned, which means you’ll have to bid on them. You can offer a lower price even if you can use the “Buy Now” option. Here’s how to go about it:
- Go to OpenSea and look for an NFT.
- Click the “Offers” button to see whether any offers are available for your NFT.
- To put your bid in wrapped ETH, click “Make Offer” (WETH). This kind of ETH is tradeable, but be cautious when deciding how much to bid. The sum should be represented as US dollars in the appropriate area.
- Click “Convert ETH” and enter your amount. Transaction fees apply to each conversion. As a result, if you want to bid on multiple NFTs, you should convert greater amounts.
- Click the “Wrap” button.
- Your MetaMask wallet should appear and prompt you to confirm the amount. It should also include the gas fee, which is less than that of buying NFTs ($5-$10).
- The most recent WETH and ETH balances should be displayed in the MetaMask plugin. Confirm by pressing the “Make Offer” button once again.
- Enter your offer amount and click “Make Offer.”
- Click “Confirm” to finish your bid.
- When the wallet appears, click the “Sign” button. This completes your placing, and your bid should now display in the “Offers” area of your account.
You may expand your cryptocurrency portfolio by learning how to buy an NFT on OpenSea. You’ll accumulate a sizable sum in your wallet over time, allowing you to trade in various digital artworks and collectibles. Choose the best approach for you and collect as many tokens as you need.
The use of cryptocurrency in gaming is at the forefront of an ongoing economic and digital revolution. Lunar Sky Games is a team of gaming product consultants with over 10 years of expertise in the industry. We work in partnership with web3 companies to help them build and grow their products. We help turn your vision into a reality. Contact us now for a consultation.